Respirator Wearers Foundation (with Facemask Fit Testing). A half day session covering the operational use and maintenance of the respirator.
Recommended for the staff of industrial companies who regularly or occasionally use a respirator in their work.
Aim: To train staff in the safe and correct use and maintenance of the respirator to enable them to operate in toxic atmospheres for limited periods safely.
Having completed the course the delegates will be able to:
- State the correct procedures for the general maintenance of the respirator.
- Carry out the pre-use safety checks.
- Correctly carry out a pre use face seal test and obtain a good seal.
- Identify a fault if one occurs and know how the correct reporting procedure.
- Carry out the donning and operating procedures correctly and safely.
- Operate the respirator correctly in a practical situation.
Know the correct record keeping procedures.
- Hazard identification
- The Natural Defence System
- Description of the equipment
- Maintenance procedures
- Correct fitting and testing
- Servicing the equipment
- Practical use of the equipment
- Safety considerations
- Record keeping