FACE FIT TEST OPERATOR - QUANTITATIVE
This course will train persons in the use and operation of the “Quantitative” method of face fit testing either using the TSI Portacount or Accufit9000 fit test equipment.
The training is conducted by our highly experienced Fit2Fit accredited Instructors and overseen by our own lead officer in respiratory protection who is also an assessor of the Fit2Fit scheme. With FSI you can be assured the training will equip the delegates with the knowledge and skills required to enable them to carry out fit testing in line with the requirements of the INDG 479 guidance and Fit2Fit Test accreditation scheme. The course is either carried out at your venue or can be carried out at our training centre in Shrewsbury.
Please Note: This course does not include the assessment required to obtain Fit2Fit accredited status. Fit2Fit accreditation can only be obtained by written and practical examinations facilitated by the British Safety Industries Federation (BSIF) Fit2Fit scheme. However, the course is assessable and subject to successful assessment candidates will receive a certificate of competence along with recommended actions in preparation for any delegate wishing to apply for accreditation.
To train persons in the correct use of Ambient Particle fit test equipment and methods of operation to enable them to accurately perform a fit test on a person wearing a tight-fitting face piece. This course is designed to give delegates the face fit testing skills and knowledge required to meet the standards and protocols as described in HSE INDG 479 for fit test operators.
On successful completion of the Fit Test Operator training course delegates will be able to:
- Understand and have a working knowledge of the HSE INDG 479 guidance
- Understand the procedures for the selection of adequate and suitable RPE
- Understand the difference between Fit Factors and Protection Factors
- Demonstrate the pre-use checks, donning procedures and pre use Fit Check for RPE
- Assemble the Quantitative fit test equipment correctly and carry out pre testing inspections and tests.
- Understand and demonstrate the practical qualitative face fit test in accordance with INDG 479 protocols
- Complete the necessary records and brief the subject appropriately both before and on completion of the test.
- Regulations and Guidance
- The Purpose and Applicability of Fit Testing
- Procedures for Selection of Adequate and Suitable RPE
- Fit Factors and Protection Factors
- Examination Procedures for RPE, Identification of Maintenance Problems
- Correct Donning Procedures and Pre-Use Fit Checks
- Quantitative Face-Fit Testing
- Fit test recording and database use
- Correct Fit Testing Procedures, Purpose of the Fit Testing Exercises
- Problem Solving
- Fit Test Failures and Re-Tests
- Capabilities and Limitations of the Fit Testing Equipment
The training will be led by a suitably qualified and experienced person, accredited to the Fit2Fit Test scheme, possibly even an assessor/examiner of that scheme. The training will take place in a classroom environment using a selection of face mask types and the quantitative fit test equipment. It will comprise both theoretical and practical work.
Assessment and Certification
On completion of successful written and practical assessment, the candidate will receive a certificate of competence (not a Fit2Fit certificate), together with details of actions recommended (if any) before undertaking the Fit2Fit scheme assessment.
Duration 1 day (8 hours)