Here at Fire Safe International we offer Installation, Service and Support of “PAFSS”, a stand alone self actuating fire suppression system.
There are many situations where dealing with a fire at source will both minimise the damage of valuable assets by extinguishing the fire early and before it more fully develops, enabling a quicker recovery.
PAFSS can cover a range of applications and can be tailored to meet your own requirements, but the following common features apply:
Features of PAFSS include:
- Simple to install and cost effective to maintain.
- Superbly engineered specialist valves and pressure vessels.
- Linear detection tube giving increased responsiveness.
- Tube is located where the fire risks are.
- Operated by pneumatic signal.
- Requires no associated mechanical operation.
- No external electrical power supply required.
- Detection tube is unaffected by dirt, dust, debris and oil.
- All discharge pipework is stainless steel.
- Reliable, vibration resistant push-fit detection tube fittings.
There are two types of systems.
This is an efficient and simple self-activating system for small enclosed hazard areas. Upon flame impingement or heat the pressurised detection tube, which is connected to a cylinder containing the suppression agent, ruptures with a burst at the hottest point. The agent is then discharged through the burst hole at the heart of the fire.
This is an efficient and simple self-activating system for larger enclosed and even open hazard areas. Upon flame impingement or heat the pressurised detection tube will burst and by depressurisation will activate the cylinder valve. The agent is then released through separate pipework and nozzles which are aiming at the hazard area.
PAFSS Applications include:
- Laboratory fume cupboards also known as fume hoods and cabinets, can present a particular problem where multiple users and a wide range of chemicals and processes increase the risk of fire.
- Electrical Enclosures (Distribution, Control, Communication) can present a particular problem where faulty equipment and damaged wiring increase the risk of fire.
- CNC machines can present a particular problem where unattended automatic machines, tool breakage and processing with potentially flammable lubricants / coolants increases the risk of fire.
These self contained pneumatic fire suppression systems require no external energy or power supply. Upon flame impingement or heat, the pressurised detection tubing will burst and activate the cylinder valve to open and release the extinguishing agent.
Catering equipment fires can arise in numerous ways and are difficult to control. PAFSS KitchenGuard has been specifically designed to protect catering equipment and put out any fires quickly and efficiently.
There’s a wide choice of Extinguishing Media available:
- Novec 1230
- BC Powder
- AFFF (FOAM)
- ABC POWDER
- OTHER EXTINGUISHANTS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
The heart of any PAFSS is the special detection tubing which acts as a linear heat and flame detector. The pressurised tubing is completely flexible, tough enough to withstand the harshest of conditions and can be run throughout the installation adjacent to identified fire risks. Upon flame or heat impingement, the tube ruptures at the hot spot and by depressurisation the cylinder valve is activated to operate the suppression system. No external energy or any power is needed.